What a concierge can help you with when you are preparing your home for listing
Is 2021 the year to put your Silver Lake real estate on the market so you can move up to a home that better fits your lifestyle? The Silver Lake area is currently experiencing a seller’s market, which means there are more interested buyers than there are homes for sale. This is good news for sellers who want to sell their houses quickly and for top dollar. However, to get the most out of your house, you need to adequately prepare it for the market. Working with a Silver Lake real estate agent who offers Compass Concierge services is one of the best ways to ensure your home appeals to buyers and will command the highest possible offers.
What is Revive?
Revive is an easy, low-stress way of adding the value to your home that matters most to prospective buyers. When you work with a Revive agent to sell your Silver Lake real estate, you will have a partner who can help you determine the services that will deliver the best return on your investment (ROI). Even better, you won’t have to pay for their concierge services until your home sells or when 12 months have passed since you signed up with them. This means you can reserve your budget for the necessary repairs and upgrades on your home and for other fees involved in the selling process. Your agent will be by your side during the entire selling process to answer your questions, act as your voice when negotiating with contractors and vendors, and advise you on where to spend your money to maximize ROI.
How Can Revive Increase My Home’s Value?
If you’re trying to determine on your own which updates or renovations to make to your Silver Lake real estate before selling, you might not know where to start. While there are some guidelines regarding which projects return the most ROI, you may not be sure whether they apply to your home. Even if you have decided on which updates need to take priority, you may not know how to select the right contractors or vendors to complete the work. That’s where Revive comes in. The projects your agent can assist you with include but are not limited to:
- Roofing repair
- Bathroom and kitchen improvements
- Pest control
- Electrical work
- Interior and exterior painting
- Moving and storage
- Inspections and evaluations
Tips on selling Silver Lake homes
With a Revive agent on your side, you can be confident that you are putting your money into the projects that will appeal to your target buyer and maximize your ROI. Finished your projects and are ready to sell your Silver Lake real estate? These tips will help you get the highest offers.
- Price it right. It’s tempting in a seller’s market to overprice your home as demand is high, and many buyers are willing to offer more when they find a home they love. However, the best way to encourage offers is to price your home fairly. In determining a reasonable price for your house, your Silver Lake real estate agent will do a comparative market analysis that analyzes what comparable homes have recently sold for in your neighborhood.
- Qualify buyers. You can be a little picky about who looks at your home and makes offers in a seller’s market. If you do not qualify potential buyers, you may accept an offer from someone who does not have financing, increasing the chances that the deal will fall through. Consider limiting in-person showings and offers to those who are preapproved for a loan.
- Don’t automatically go with the highest offer. There are numerous things to take into account when deciding which offer you should accept for your Silver Lake real estate. Go over each offer with your agent and look at the amount of earnest money, whether the offer is cash, what the down payment will be, any waiver of contingencies, and whether the buyer is requesting help with closing costs.
- Be ready to move quickly. The median amount of time for Silver Lake homes on the market is 39 days, though updated homes often sell within days of being listed. Some buyers may also want to close quickly as they’ve likely already sold their current home and are ready to move. If you don’t already have a new home, consider a short-term rental to take the pressure off while you search for your next home.
- Market it online. Many prospective buyers will first find homes they are interested in online. To reach your target buyer, your Silver Lake real estate agent will use online marketing tools to create a comprehensive and effective marketing campaign involving landing pages, social media ads, and lead generation.
- Get professional images and videos taken. Now is not the time to save money by taking pictures of your home yourself to use in the listing. To make your online marketing stand out, you need to have a professional video tour, as well as high-quality professional images, of your home.
- Highlight what your Compass Concierge agent has helped you do. You and your agent put a lot of work into preparing your home for the market, so make sure you let potential buyers know what you’ve done. Talk about the updated kitchen in the listing, or have a photo shoot of the newly uncluttered and optimized closet space. Drawing attention to those areas you’ve updated or items you’ve replaced will distinguish your home from the competition.
When you work with a concierge, you can maximize your budget and improve your chances of selling your home quickly and for the amount you want. Ready to prepare your home for listing with the assistance of a Revive agent? Reach out to Austin Vaccaro for all your selling needs.